Google+ Followers

Sunday, 21 June 2009

Organizing Update




Quilting Newbie commented that she would like to see photos of the results of my organizing. Now, I'm always nervous about showing how "organized" I am (NOT), but here goes anyway.

The sewing machine on the bottom right of my new hutch belonged to my grandmother. It was manufactured in 1924, and I used it for many years to make garments. I haven't tried it lately, but I suspect it still sews beautifully. The decal is "La Vincendora". There's only one tiny problem with the machine - the foot pedal needs rewiring - because when I last used it, it decided it wanted to start sewing all by itself, without my foot on the pedal.

I found the jar of thread spools at an antique store in St. Jacob's, if I remember correctly. I'm oh so tempted to reach in and use some of them. There are even bobbins in there that will fit my lovely Sphinx treadle (but that's a picture for another day).

And the work continues...

2 comments:

Quilting Newbie said...

Great picture and you are super organized....I need you to come visit me and organize my sewing room...LOL. Thanks for posting the picture.

Catherine said...

What a gorgeous machine! You are way more organized than I am! Any hints? :-)