Tuesday 14 June 2016

It's not Wednesday

For a while, I used to post pictures of what my cutting table looks like every Wednesday. It may still be something I'll do in the future, but for a very long time I haven't accomplished anything. And there's nothing more boring that reading someone (me) moaning about how nothing is ever getting done.

So today, I'm posting about a small finish instead. There have been a few, but this one actually happened this morning.



This is the front and the back of my very first kennel quilt. I finished it in the spirit of "done is better than perfect" - and to get me over my fear of not being able to get something right.

In the past couple of weeks, I have also completed two crocheted squares to be part of a blanket for a charity, and two crocheted cat beds (one for friends in the US - all red - and the other for donation to Cuddly Cats Rescue).

So yes, I actually do appear able to accomplish something. Guess I just have to keep it up.

What have you been working on lately?

Peggi

1 comment:

Jacqui's Quilts said...

Looks good...love all those pretty squares! And, yes, finished is better than perfect but this looks pretty perfect to me :-). I'm working on three or four things at once...three baby quilts...one done, second one just binding and third one I hope to pin baste tonight and get quilting. Then binding on a quilt I just got back from the long arm quilter and just finished piecing a row by row from 2014! Feel like I'm making progress, but need to actually FINISH all these things LOL.