Tuesday 23 July 2013

A Journey with a Slight Detour

So, in my April post, I asked whether I should continue blogging - about my quilting journey - or whether I should throw in the towel. The overwhelming response was that I should keep blogging.:-)

Well, that journey took a little bit of a detour, but I expect to be back on track shortly.

In June, I received a diagnosis of cancer, and on July 5 I had surgery to deal with it. I am now awaiting radiation treatments, and working on getting better on a daily basis - and back to "normal" (for whatever definition of the term "normal" applies to me).

I write this not for sympathy - but to say that cancer is a word that holds whatever weight we choose to give it. For me - it is just a word. My prognosis is very good, and I am looking forward to a very long future. In the meantime, recovery is giving me some more crafting and "me" time - and that can't be a bad thing.

I hope that all of you out there are well, and that your summer, or winter, is a pleasant one.

3 comments:

Penny P said...

Hi Peggi, I'm sorry to hear that you've been facing this illness...you're positive attitude will definitely help in your recovery and adjustment to your new normal. Wishing you all the best!

Shay said...

You are so positive and upbeat that Im sure this has something to do with your recovery. Im glad to hear your prognosis is so good.

Waiting to see you back here and sharing what you're up to with us all.

Cathi said...

You've got a great attitude and that will definitely make a big difference!