Sunday, 15 February 2009
Tagged and Firsts.
First things first!
Two very kind bloggers tagged me, and all I can say is, "I'm not worthy!" LOL
Thank you to Quilting Newbie and The Quilting Pirate, who have both decided that I must list five addictions.
Only five? Ah well, here goes...
1. Music - you see, I sing - mostly something called filk music, and one of my favourite things is to be in a group of people harmonizing.
2. My cats - need I explain?
3. Making things out of fabric. As long as I can recall, I've saved scraps of fabric. As a child, I made doll clothes. Later on, it was braided rugs, and now, it's quilting.
4. Books - mainly mysteries and science fiction, with a fantasy or three thrown in for good measure.
5. This is a toss up between dark chocolate or bloody caesars - I don't have either very often, but when I do, I REALLY enjoy them.
Okay - now this is the more difficult part - I have to tag 5 other people. That would be:
Quilting at the Cottage
quilt as desired
Happy in Quilting
There are so many more, but these ladies have been very inspirational to me, and I hope they will be to you as well.
This little quilt represents a series of firsts for me. It's my first finish in February, which is a really good thing. It's also the first pieced quilt I quilted on my frame with the stitch regulator, the first one with no puckers in the back (trust me on this). It's my first quilt with mitered corners in the binding, and the first quilt on which I hand sewed down the binding.
I hope you've all had a wonderful Valentine's Day, and a great weekend!