Wednesday 17 March 2010

In a Slump

I'm in a sewing slump these days. I'm caught between my old, very small sewing room, and my much larger, still mostly unorganized sewing room. Everything is sort of betwixt and between, and as a result, I've been doing nothing much of anything lately.

So why am I blogging about it? Well, because I started out as a blogger with great intentions, and I'd like to continue. But I need a little push.

So, I'm asking for suggestions. I'm going to try to write a little bit every day. If you have a suggestion of something for me to blog about, please leave me a comment. If there are no suggestions, I'll try to have a quilty picture of some sort (preferably something in progress), with some commentary. I'm hoping that a kick start here will translate to a quick start in my sewing again. And I so very much want to get back to my quilting machine...

3 comments:

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Slumps are not good....if you have current projects show these, your progress each day.....or what about a walk back thru time, show us some of your older finished projects....or pull out all those UFO's (if you have any) that need to be completed..

Cathi said...

Why not show a picture of works in progress with a short commentary on each project?
Taking inventory of your WIPs can sometimes be a really good way to sort out what you really want to work on.

pennyquilts said...

I think Peg and Cathi both have good ideas - and I could add - make a wish list of techniques or patterns you'd like to do one day. Or browse the 'net for fabrics, and show us your favourites!